Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Ccn1 initial practical assessment help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dgas

Hi all, I'm new to the forum so please be patient while I get my feelers going!
I am doing my initial ccn1 on Thursday and am looking for any help/guidance on what it all entails? I have my portfolio all submitted and have come across the general scenarios on at least one occasion for what is required, just want to prep myself as much as I can and would appreciate any guidance from those whom have completed already? I have my multi elements the following week too, so anything associated is gratefully received.

Thanks in advance :)

Just relax when you start and listen to what is asked of you, don't go off on a tangent thinking you need to save the world!
by that I mean do what they ask and no more.

got ccn1 tomorrow and appliances thurs and fri, ho hum poor week for earning yet shelling out dosh as well, bloody rules!!!

got ccn1 tomorrow and appliances thurs and fri, ho hum poor week for earning yet shelling out dosh as well, bloody rules!!!
You will soon recoup your loss as all you RGI`s earn far more than us poor plumbers lol....regards Turnpin:wink:

Just relax when you start and listen to what is asked of you, don't go off on a tangent thinking you need to save the world!
by that I mean do what they ask and no more.

Many thanks, will try to relax, just difficult knowing what I've put into it all. Thanks for your reply pal.

Re done mine just before Xmas ...great feeling when your done for another 5 years

You'd have smashed it lame plumber 100%..

Good luck.. my first exam don't start until may. Would like to know how it all goes pal and good luck again.

passive stacks brain went to neutral :) as metioned se ducts featured highly along with loads of stuff on outdated items not used now but ripped out!!!

I did mine a couple of months ago...hadn't worked in the industry for 4 years!! Did 3 weeks revision and passed. The secret to these type of tests is knowing your reference material, you don't need to try and memorize info, just be able to locate it. ( and understand it obviously )

Good for you mate.. I'm hoping to get on board this
. But it's confessions for bookwork..
Workings with an engineer is an advantage but the time and availability for catching up with the signing off my work is another thing

Just refreshing on stuff now. But one thing most important thing is the flu and safety extinguishment of combustion brb

Just got in from the pub after celebrating! What a mentally taxing week. Since my last post I have now completed all ccn1 theory and practical, and did my final day today for all appliances. Needless to say I'm overjoyed, but also pleased its over with. It wasn't particularly complex, just a lot to cover if you press it all into 4 days as I did.

Best advice I can give as its still so fresh i my mind..... Read all you can, take your time, all the info is there you just need to know where to find it. The practical is the same, nothing you won't come across one time or another in some form. Lots of tightness testing, burner pressures, gas rates etc. manufacturers instructions are king!!!!

off to get some kip now, hopefully dream about something other than open flues. ;)

Yeah I did mine not to long ago,I had flues and ventilation on the brain.

Well done boys. Now to be in the gs forum. Vet you'll be in relieved tension in there .. Congrats

Yeah I see where you're coming from alright.
Costings a fortune

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ccn1 initial practical assessment help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock