Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating problem on Worcester 24i RSF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

markadams

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Does anyone have experience of these boilers, it has an odd problem where the Hot water works fine and central heating will not light the burner.

When a CH demand is given, the pump runs, then fan and it goes no further (no spark or opening of the gas valve) I have tested the CH thermistor and it 14.7k (fine), the APS and Overheat stat must be fine as it works perfectly in hot water mode. I checked the harness from the CH thermistor and its fine. The overheat button is depressed.

Other than a very odd PCB fault I cant see what else it would be.

What is the bp when trying to light on heating, min could be too low but fine on high (hot water)

When on hot water the fan is at full tilt. But when heating first goes on the fan is at a low rate with gas at low pressure before it ramps up.
Are you sure the fan is pulling the APS.

Had the same fault a few months back. thought it was the gas valve harness which it was not. Ended up fitting a 2nd hand pcb i had lying in the shed and off she went!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central heating problem on Worcester 24i RSF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock