Discuss Central Heating Problems - Over temperature, knocking pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rich147

Hi

Please excuse my ignorance.
I have a problem with my conventional central heating system.
The boiler (Ideal classic FF280) occasionally (every couple of days) trips on over temperature. Prior to tripping the central heating pipes make very loud banging and knocking sounds for a few minutes. Once the boiler has tripped I can reset it by depressing a small black button the side of the boiler but the boiler will not re-start until it has cooled down (usually the following day). Once reset the cycle is repeated with the boiler tripping again within a couple of days. Several parts (temperature switch, gas valve, fan) within the boiler have been replaced along with the central heating pump and 3 way valve.
I'm considering replacing the boiler but not sure if this will resolve the issue.
Note, when the boiler is running all the radiators get to a good hot temperature.
I would very much appreciate any suggestions as to what is causing the problem and best solution.
Also if I do replace the boiler would you recommend a conventional or system type?
Thanks, Rich.

Who replaced the bits I would be tempted to get the engineer back as he clearly hasn't fixed the issue

Oh and welcome to the forum :smile:

Check pump speed? Sounds like not enough flow and getting localised boiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating Problems - Over temperature, knocking pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hi I have a Vokera 15 vhe boiler and all has been running well for the last 6 months since moving in up until a few weeks a go. Boiler throws up...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a customer with a modern anthracite vertical radiator and a modern TRV and lockshield. The radiator makes a loud metallic bang from...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back