Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Central Heating water circuit volume in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bod123

Could anyone advise on the volume of water that circulates through a GCH circuit in a 3 bedroom house?

Could anyone advise on the volume of water that circulates through a GCH circuit in a 3 bedroom house?

Are you talking volume of water in the system or volume flow rate? If the former, depends on size and length of pipework but assume 0.15 litre/metre for 15mm pipe, 0.32 for 22mm and 0.54 for 28mm. Radiator capacities you should be able to get from manufacturers websites. If the latter, it depends on the rating of radiators etc.

Usually works out about 80 litres with 8 rads, so if an expansion vessel is needed it would be 8 litres. There is a calculation if you want to be more accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating water circuit volume in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Hello its my 1st post hope im in the right place We brought a new house a medium-large 3 bedroom semi, we moved in the summer. Now coming to...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or...
Replies
Views
G
I've just bought a 3-floor house with a gas boiler on the ground floor and hot water tank on the middle floor. When I switch on the hot water at...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock