Search the forum,

Discuss Changing Vented To Unvented Megaflow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoeRead

Im getting a megaflow next week but my plumber has said he can change my vented heating system Central heating side to a Unvented without installing the megaflow yet?? is this posible?? if so what should he be installing??? so i can look to see if hes done it well??

Thank You

an expansion vessel,filling loop and gauge,he should remove/disconnect small tank in loft

Yes, its perfectly possible.

And I don't mean to sound rude, but why are you letting him work in your house if you don't trust him to do a good job?

Im getting a megaflow next week but my plumber has said he can change my vented heating system Central heating side to a Unvented without installing the megaflow yet?? is this posible?? if so what should he be installing??? so i can look to see if hes done it well??

Thank You

Get a system boiler at the same time.....job jobbed!

I trained as a plumber for abit but didnt carry on with it and i hadent heard that you can change from vented to unvented, is it just a case of chopping the cold feed to the F&E and linking it to the flow from the F&E? iv got a Valient

thank you

and they say a litle knowledge isn't dangerous.

Ask your plumber to take you through it.

Thank You

It's entirely possible, and he's confused you by using the term unvented in relation to your heating when he should have said he'll convert it to a sealed system.

There's nothing the untrained eye could pick up to check he's doing a good job, so unless it looks a right pigs ear, just let him get on with it. Show some trust brother!

Thank You for your help everyone, 1 more question do i or he need to inform building control or any1 that im having a megaflow fitted???

Have you asked him if he is g3 qualified and a member of a competent person scheme?

Thank You for your help everyone, 1 more question do i or he need to inform building control or any1 that im having a megaflow fitted???

If he's G3 he will self certify the install, if he ain't he should not be doing it in the first place!
you don't seem to have much trust in him? Strange to doubt when you are spending Megaflo money?

No i havent?? because i know a little about plumbing i got chatting to him and hes Level and NVQ 2 qualified. whats g3??

Is it against the law for some1 whoes only NVQ Level 2 qualified to install a megaflow??

Is it against the law for some1 whoes only NVQ Level 2 qualified to install a megaflow??

Yes, unless they have trained for unvented specifically. He should have a bpec or similar card with the unvented qualification.

Now you can see why i got worried. He said hes done loads before as hes been doing it for years so i trusted him. Will he need to inform building control?

Yes, unless they have trained for unvented specifically. He should have a bpec or similar card with the unvented qualification.

Yep unvented qualification is known as G3.....I will do it for ÂŁ3K if you supply the Megaflo.......no seriously do your homework, get someone in who is qualified!

Thank You, ill have 2 have a word with him and see if he can produce any certificates of Plumbing

Make sure you pay him the correct rate for the job he is doing,and make sure its cash,and make sure he follows you to the bank to see you draw the money out before you pay him....you carnt be too safe these days..lots of "dodgey" "stuff" going on.
Failing that contact megaflow and they will fit it for you, then you can sleep at night.:fuk2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changing Vented To Unvented Megaflow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
A
Previously had a WB Greenstar R28 HE System boiler with 4 pipes and vented (gravity fed) cylinder. No valves or pumps outside of the boiler...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, I'm after some help regarding my Father in laws heating system. He has had a local engineer around but hasn't had a fix and is very remote so...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock