Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Chartered Institute of Plumbing; is it worth it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stgoyo10

Just wondering whether anyone recommends joining CIPHE? Subscription seems quite expensive and I wondered whether it represented good value for money?

Do people generally find it useful or is membership more of a marketing tool (logo on the van/website) etc?

I am contemplating signing up, but indecisive with regard to the benefits.

Thanks.

I am a member and have been for years, I like the fact its the only charted plumbing body in england.
They have loads of professional development vids, some are really good , providing you have the time to watch them .

If your quals and experence are sufficiant you can apply for an 'eng tec ' which would give you more letters after your name.

Is it worth the money , er , don't know , its one of them , if it went up £20 I would probably cancel , but I like supporting it !

just a load of letters on your letter head. Only worthwhile if you can afford time off to attend meetings etc etc. After 2 years I decided it was better to invest in tools and the company

No, ask most of general public and they have not heard of it, local branch used to hold trade nights but attendance fell off, sat on local committee for 2 years and it changed nothing, you get very little for your payments, not any real advantage to being a member.

Ive just asked my missus.

She says ive got enough letters after my name already

She muttered 'twit' and continued to whatsapp her mates hah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Chartered Institute of Plumbing; is it worth it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock