Discuss Chasing out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hunterseye

howdy all

Just wondered when chasing out to run 15mm pipes in a wall do i keep the width to a minimum and should the pipe be sleeved in anything? I dont have a fancy electric chaser so i was also wondering what the best tool would be to use with the hammer. ie bolster or smaller chisel.

Cheers

I like to chase deep enough for some trunking over the pipes. The deeper the better if you don't want the plaster to crack later. Get yourself a dozen dustsheets and a grinder!

Grinder, henry, bolster, done. Wrap the copper in tape, I use wide electrical insulation tape from tool station.

make sure you dont chase too deep

as a general rule 1/3 of wall thickness for vertical chase and 1/6 of wall thickness for horizontal chase is the max you can chase depth wise before you will weaken the structual strength of the wall.

If you are not in a hurry and dont want the dust, buy a scutch hammer

I do it with a small blade SDS chisel pointing downwards, otherwise you can move bricks back and bulge out the plaster on the other side ,oops. Luckily it was hidden by a poster!

Still owned up and plastered it though.

Grinder, henry, bolster, done. Wrap the copper in tape, I use wide electrical insulation tape from tool station.

Exactly what I do, I've got a 3foot fan which sucks the dust out as well so the room doesn't get to bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Chasing out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I apologise in advance that this might not make sense or be full of silly/obvious questions, but I am a novice at all this! We have recently...
Replies
Views
Hi all, hoping there are answers out there to my small dilemma. A customer of mine wants 15mm radiator flow and return pipes chased into the block...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Heating engineer has curved 15mm ch pipes where the wall meets the ceiling instead of notching the joist further and putting them at a 90...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock