Discuss Chasing owed monies in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

I did a bit for a letting agents and they still owe me £1200 they seem to be dragging their feet how do I stand legally if they don't pay

As above small claims court , just had one who was being a bit of a muppet threatened court and he paid.

How long were their payment terms?

Most sharks, I mean letting agents I used to do work for were 45 days after invoice, one was even 60 days.

I should have been more careful and asked them for terms. A plumber I have mot seen for ages did work for them and got ill so I stood in for him. I just had enough of the rubbish I had to look at so told them I can't do it anymore

What I did when I had a builder not pay me was sent them a letter recorded delivery stating that you want payment within 7 days failure to do so will incur charges in line with the government late payments between businesses and it I will start the process to take this through the court which will incur further costs.

They paid within 2 days.

Letter ready for post tomorrow. How do I go about the next step of small claims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Chasing owed monies in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock