Discuss Check valves and mixer taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I noticed that the mixer tap was making the sound of running water when the main valve was open but the tap and the spray attachment was closed. I theorised that cold water was running into the hot pipe, as it is much higher pressure. I went online and concluded that the solution was a check valve.

I bought one, fitted it ... and I still get the sound.

Is it the cold supply going into the hot pipes? If not, what is it - and if so, why didn't the check valve stop and what should I do?

Thanks for reading.

Judging by the tap, being the kitchen sink it could be a burst water main. Turn your stopcock off and see if it still make the noise but only louder, this should confirm a burst. If not did you fit the check valve on the hot?

Well the way to be sure is turn off your internal stopcock and see if your water meter still turns

Reply to Check valves and mixer taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock