Discuss Circulation pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

redcuckoo

Hi,

Just a quick question....... When looking at different circulation pumps what does the sizes mean regarding 4m, 6m & 8m head???

Thanks.

Hi,

Just a quick question....... When looking at different circulation pumps what does the sizes mean regarding 4m, 6m & 8m head???

Thanks.

It's relates to the total height you need to pump the fluid, taking in to account any friction.

When looking at different circulation pumps what does the sizes mean regarding 4m, 6m & 8m head?.
The head is the total pressure drop round the circuit, due to friction etc. It has no connection with how high the pump has to push the water.

My pump is situated in the airing cupboard upstairs next to the hot water tank at about waist height. Would this make any difference to what pump i need say in terms of the pump not being on ground level????

It does relate to the height it needs to go actually and it takes in to account frictio. The meters head is a calculation of psi which also determines how far it will push it

Last edited by a moderator:
The head is the total pressure drop round the circuit, due to friction etc. It has no connection with how high the pump has to push the water.

Geodetic head is the difference between the switch off point of the pump and the outflow height where the Manometric head is the sum of the total friction loss and geodetic head.
(As taken from the Jung Pumpen catalogue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Circulation pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Silly question (and might already been asked 100rds of time) - I am specifying a circulation pump for the hot water secondary (circulation) return...
Replies
Views
A (if) CH system has a very high head loss due to improperly sized pipework and long runs and possibly partially blocked pipes and requires a UPS2...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help, please? I'm looking for a heating system circulation pump for a domestic install, with 3 speeds, where the speed can be toggled...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock