Discuss Cistern stuck to wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpm

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Spent an hour today with a full size hacksaw blade cutting through one almighty load of silicone behind the cistern to remove the pan, wondering if I grind the teeth away to make a sharp blade would help next time?

What do you guys use and don`t say the apprentice because I don`t have one! lol

I keep a massive carving knife in the van that squeezes down the back of cisterns, plus if some nob road rages me , he may get a shock lol

Smallish fine toothed wood saw is handy as you can get the blade nice and flat down the back of cistern often.
Or cheese wire.

I'll admit ive been guilty of sticking the pan to the wall but i use a resonable amout of silicone through the holes, enough that the cistern can just be pulled off, but short of that, Multi solve (silicone remover) and a hacksaw blade or small wood saw

It puts a hell of a strain on the cistern if you glue it to wall with lots of silicone.
Cistern won't budge a millimetre if loads used, but if floor has movement or shrinks the cistern can split open. Saw this once.

I keep a massive carving knife in the van that squeezes down the back of cisterns, plus if some nob road rages me , he may get a shock lol

God my hand hurt after an hour so like this knife idea. The room conversation is less than a year old and whilst looks smart it is a nightmare behind the scene and not to building regs. Don`t mind a little silicone behind cistern and under the pan but this joker must have shares in a silicone company.

Brilliant , i have a thin serrated blade thing with 2 handles that saws thin logs, its on the van in the morning .

I`ll look into the cheese wire as well, just worried about damaging the dazzle dazzle tiles though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cistern stuck to wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Hey all. Just had an interesting experience tonight. Just finished a bath install with tiled bath panel and wrap around tiling today which was...
Replies
Views
I'm on a job now, siphon change on a c/c toilet, cistern has been siliconed to the wall, been shoving a hacksaw blade down the back of it put its...
Replies
Views
G
Hi there, I'm currently redoing my bathroom, new suite and moving pipework under the floor as it was previously on the wall. Everything was...
Replies
Views
kirkgas
K
D
hi everybody, ive joined this forum hoping to get some sound advice from you guys. i think i may have a heating problem or i might just be...
Replies
Views
deniance
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock