Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss City & Guilds 6189 or City & Guilds 6129 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Red_Stafford

Hi all I want to get into the plumbing trade and was wondering which course should I be looking to take to get into the trade and whats the difference between the two ?

Hi all I want to get into the plumbing trade and was wondering which course should I be looking to take to get into the trade and whats the difference between the two ?

6189 you will need a work place to complete it.

6129 is only part qualification you will need to then do a work placement to get the full NVQ level 2

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they are both being scrapped very soon

i am on the 6129. its coming to an end. theres a question if the nvq level 2 will even be available for us. kind of lame only ending up with half a qualification. its changing to the diploma now where you will need to have access to the worksite just to be on the course. its like the 6129 tech cert and nvq in one. you cant start this course without having access to worksite available to you. there is good news though......there will be no sheet lead module so you wont spend hours bossing the bejesus out of code 5 lead.

City & Guilds 6189 NVQ Lvl 2 is the current qualification:

According to City & Guilds Website:

This qualification replaced the Technical Certificate (6129 Certificate in Plumbing Studies) and the NVQ (6089 NVQ in Plumbing)

I do not believe that there is plans at present to replace the 6189? Any body confirm

Bobby

So 6189 is the new one, so this id the one I should go for ?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

6189 is the new and current qual, it requires on site assessment to complete full qual

I am 6 months into the 6189, the on site assessment is getting a portfolio of set evidence, for the bigger work someone from college comes out and assesses it, for the rest you can evidence via photographs and write up, it's not that hard.

Mate what ever you want to do , just star doing it - No worries - u will find ur way up that direction, cose when i started a load of people say rubbish but now i know my staff & believe u me Teachers do help toward Finishing what ever u intend to start ! GOOD LUCK

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers, I'm just desperate to get into it I would really like a chance of an apprenticeship but I can't get in, there seems to be too much priority towards school leavers

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to City & Guilds 6189 or City & Guilds 6129 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock