Discuss Cleaning disconnected radiator.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr Mobius

I have some old cast iron radiators that the customer would like to be installed with their new boiler yet these need a good clean prior to installing.

Any suggestions on the best method for doing this ? They will not be getting connected to the current system until they have been cleaned so its going to be a case of filling the radiators with hot water and a cleaner/solution and having to manually keep turning the radiators.

Any better suggestions? Its a new boiler so I dont want to add these to the circuit till they been cleaned.

Many thanks in advance.

Run fresh water through them off the garden hose while giving them a thump with a rubber mallet will do the trick mate

How long you had the rads and have they been pressure tested? Only ask cos I had a customer who bought some cheap for an attic conversion, swore they'd been pressure tested. Three flights of stairs later and system pressurised it was me that was swearing!

Good point. Especially as when cleaning you're in an ideal situation to pressure test.

These radiators have been taken from an upgrade on a previous central heating job. All the radiators were working fine only a month or so ago with no leaks what so ever. So I am not to worried about pressuring these up, more just giving them a clean.

Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cleaning disconnected radiator.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock