Discuss clearing boundary box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

malky001

Hi. I am a bit of an amateur and was wondering if anyone had any tips
on how to clean out sand and ruble from my external stopcock it just covers the tap head and is about 3 feet under in my 6 inch square box.

Whoever did the plumbing when my flat was built decided not to
bother putting a mains stopcock inside so i have to turn the mains off
from outside to fit my electric shower, its proving rather difficult and a bit of
a nightmare. i managed to get my toby key onto the tap head but obviously it
wont budge because of all the crap inside.

any ideas or will i just have to phone the waterboard if so would it cost me anything.

thanks.

Your local water undertaker should do that for free but doubtless they'll find some excuse to charge you.

Might I suggest when it's done that you fit an internal stop tap soon after?

local water company will do it free of charge as long as its not located inside the boundry of your property

I usually put a bit of water down there, stir it all up and put the long nozzle of my wet and dry vac down and suck everything up. This is OK provided that all the lumps will fit up the vac tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to clearing boundary box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all This is only about my third/fourth post, so go easy. Also, I'm only an enthusiastic amateur, not a pro... I'm having issues with the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
I have to do abet of work to do on a house that has lead coming in to a gate valve then an iso valve. The owner doesn't want to replace in mdpe...
Replies
Views
C
In my one-bed flat the mains water pressure at peak time falls to a low value and the electic shower cuts out. I have installed an 18 gallon tank...
Replies
Views
Coldwell
C
K
for the past while, i've been heaing a random noise in my house - a loud thud... i've never been able to trace it, but yesterday, whilst filling...
Replies
Views
k13 wjd
K
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock