Search the forum,

Discuss Clever Plumbers in the know ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joe brown

Hello there people, I have gas paper 1 and 2 exams coming up within the next 3 week im at odds with my tutors as one is telling me one thing and the other is telling the other.... so i am confused to what i have learnt, we recently did a mock exam and here are a couple of questions.. i'll tell u the answers i gave and the answer the teacher gave when marking me wrong... please all im asking for is what you would of gone for and whether im right or wrong... im not looking for answers this is a completed mock exam that i passed but got a few questions wrong...

1. Under maximum load conditions, between the meter outlet and the applience inlet , What is the maximum acceptable drop in working pressure?

a/ 0mbar

b/ 1 mbar

c/ 2 mbar

d/ 1.5mb

My answer was A 0mbar but my teacher says its 1 mbar

2. Gas installations are purged in order to avoid the possibility of?

a/ Flashback in pipework

b/ Incomplete combustion

c/ Gas being extuinguished

d/ Noisy burning of gas

My answer again was A/ Flashback in pipework my teacher however says C/ Gas being extinguished

3. Which one of the following is would be the most suitable location for a Chimney/Hearth notice plate

a/ In the chimney opening behind the appliance

b/ Under the floor adjacent to the heath

c/ Adjacent to the electricity consumer united

d/ The section of chimney breast in the roof space

My answer to this was C , My teacher says the answer is A.

I was convinced the answers i put where correct, obviously i may be wrong in doubting my tutor just looking for some people who know this stuff for guidane.. i passed the mock exam and only got these 3 questions wrong out of 60..

i Appologise in advance if this is posted in the wrong area of the forum...please move to correct location if needed..sorry

If you are not yet gas safe then you may be in a sort of in limbo as you are not allowed in the gas safe private area where all would be revealed. I could be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your tutors defiantly correct for the first two, not sure about the third.

Listen to your teacher!! He's right.

Question 3 is a bit questionable. I would have thought it was better placed on the appliance, in clear sight....but clearly the other answers are wrong. So you can get there by process of elimination. Why on earth would you put it in the loft, or next to the consumer unit!?

i was under the impression it had to go adjacent to the electicity cupboard so people knew where it was also if it was beihnd the applience you would have to remove the applience to see the notice for any future refference...which it may not need to be removed...if that makes sence

i was under the impression it had to go adjacent to the electicity cupboard so people knew where it was also if it was beihnd the applience you would have to remove the applience to see the notice for any future refference...which it may not need to be removed...if that makes sence

Just looked into it further for you:

The location for fixing the plate is given in the following Clause 1.57 of the ADJ ;
Notice plates should be robust, indelibly marked and securely fixed in an unobtrusive
but obvious position within the building such as:
a) next to the electricity consumer unit; or
b) next to the chimney or hearth described; or
c) next to the water supply stop-cock.

thanks for that i suppose i should just hope not to get a similar question..il stick with consumer unit but thanks for all other advice

Not easy is it Joe. A tip from me is: Try to go for the most correct answer when 2 answers may be correct. Its sometimes a matter of trying to give the answer the assessment body is looking for. Another tip: they give you 4 answers on the multi choice. Only 2 are going to be correct or near to correct, disregard the other 2 answers and have a guess. If you get it wrong the first attempt it has to be the other answer on your second try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Clever Plumbers in the know ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock