Search the forum,

Discuss Clipping Pipes running though metal web joists in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys.

This is a question on how to clip central heating pipes (Hep2 15, 22 and 28mm) when running 90 dgrees to metal web joists.

How to do it and look good. I could use a load of Britclips with a section of wood accross, clip to that.
Or use the electricals trays, and clip to that.

However the pipe must be clipped as per specification as the T&G boards are glued and screwed once down.

Running with the joist I have used Britclips, a great suggestion and the result looks real good.

Im open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
Donkey Table

I use these with the Britclips. However how would I support these with pipe running at 90 degrees to the run of the joists? The joists are at 600 centres. Ill get a photo tomorrow to descibe my query.
I use these with the Britclips. However how would I support these with pipe running at 90 degrees to the run of the joists? The joists are at 600 centres. Ill get a photo tomorrow to descibe my query.
Ah I get it, a bank of them screwed to the underside of the joist top section. Doh, target fixation. I have a right angle drill so no probs.

I cut some roofing batten fix my clips to it then screw into the the bottom timber. The reason I do the bottom as it gives my room to allow everything to vent without high spotting

When running in the direction of the joists I’ll cut a piece of timber the depth of the joists and fix it vertically and then fix my clips to that

Attachments

• IMG_2302.jpeg
    IMG_2302.jpeg
    410.2 KB · Views: 10

Reply to Clipping Pipes running though metal web joists in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock