Discuss Close coupled cistern - bits of debris in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I am about to re-unite a cistern with the pan and notice it has a few smallish (pin head size) bits of clay around the whole where the donut will go. They appear to be bits of clay fired on to the cistern.

simple question - should I sand them off? I have a new donut that’s identical to the old (which did not leak) but I’m paranoid about theses things. I’m guessing it can do know harm?

Yep sand them off

Reply to Close coupled cistern - bits of debris in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - I have an old (maybe 45 year old) Twyfords Close Coupled toilet. The cistern has cracked, and I'd like to replace just the cistern. I'm...
Replies
Views
Onto my 2nd loo that’s currently turned off as it’s constantly flowing into the pan. Grohe concealed but with no flush plate. Flush panel removed...
Replies
Views
I have an issue with my concealed Ideal Standard Conceala cistern Just don't seem to be able to fix this - the problem is intermittently that the...
Replies
Views
Well this is a bit embarrassing, i am a plumber but took early retirement about 22 years back, things have moved on considerably since then. About...
Replies
Views
I have a concealed cistern in a 20 year-old house. It is the old syphon type, and over the last couple of months it has started to have an...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock