Discuss Cold radiators - Baxi back boiler gravity fed system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hands2bfree

Long story ill try to supply all the info:

moved into house - evident the heating had never been touched since 5 years ago when a new baxi back oiler was installed, mix ages of rads throughout the house.

the system is gravity fed

pump working but not sure how to bleed- do i just remove the disc cover?

first, down stairs rad in living room never got hot
second, box room was cold - rad bleed valve was rounded over - so could not bleed system
third, conservatory rad cold.
fourth, dining room and 2 bedrooms rad hot

I replaced the box room rad, but system still same after bleeding

I emptied the system through and filled up + inhibitor.

Still same issue with rads, but with knocking = plumber recommended a solution that that disperses air locks.

poured the solution in and then all rads went cold.

tried heating non stop on high for a few days but no results.

i emptied the system and put clean water in, but still no warm rads.

but i hear knocking again.

any ideas would be welome

Read more:Cold radiators - DIYnot.com - DIY and Home Improvement

You seem to have a air lock on system or a faulty pump, is pump getting very hot ?? if so remove large center screw from pump, put in small screw driver , you will feel if pump is working, try this first and see what happens.

Thanks for replying - yes the pump is rotating, not too hot - touchable.

Ok motor is working but its poss that impeller has snaped off, if its an old pump may be an idea to replace this first.

Ok, if i remove the pump is it possible to inspect to see if impeller is intact?

yes you will see impeller in pump try to turn it with screw driver or switch it on if it runns OK make sure its faceing right way .

Thanks, ill give it ago latter this evening when im home.

if the pump is ok, are there any other things i can do?

You may just have a bad air lock in system , has it ever work`d ? what area are you in ?? may be one of the guys on here could call round and have a look for you

i have only been in the house a 2 years, never worked properly.
i live in Southend on Sea, Essex.

To far for me ! deep depths of Devon, may be one of the Essex guys can help ! do they still were white stiletto`s in Essex ! I am talking about the gas engineers !!:49:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cold radiators - Baxi back boiler gravity fed system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m replacing my old Honeywell Smartfit system on a oil fired gravity-fed system in a bungalow. I’ve read conflicting advice on gravity fed...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Hi All...thx for the help in advance. I have recently installed a wood burner with back boiler heating system. Set up with gravity rad and header...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock