Discuss COMCAT Commercial Catering in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

twitchboy

Commercial Catering

Anyone do it? What are the pros and cons of the job? There seems to be a lot of work about for it so I'm thinking of renewing my gas ticket and then getting my COMCAT.

I bet it's hot and smelly right? I can't imagine it's technically too challenging though? I mean cookers are fairly basic when compared to boilers etc?

I see a few jobs advertised round about Glasgow and Edinburgh they seem to be paying about £22k - 24k which doesn't seem an awful lot, especially with a fair bit of driving to different areas I would presume which can lead to lat finishes etc

need lots of dust sheets so you stay clean and be prepared to wipe your feet on the way out

Saw three comcat jobs today in the M25 area that are paying 32 to 35k. Ok it's London but still solid money for a 40 hour week.

London restaurants, parking must be impossible?

Hot
Smelly
Dirty
Greasy
Want everything fixing yesterday or out of hours.
Parts not always easy to get
Wear gloves, sharp stainless steel edges always come out and attack you.

Technically, the shear variety, there's more than cookers and there's loads of categories.

[DLMURL]http://www.neta.co.uk/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=%2b4j9WqmJuG0%3d&tabid=173&language=en-GB#page=16[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
London restaurants, parking must be impossible?

Hot
Smelly
Dirty
Greasy
Want everything fixing yesterday or out of hours.
Parts not always easy to get
Wear gloves, sharp stainless steel edges always come out and attack you.

Technically, the shear variety, there's more than cookers and there's loads of categories.

[DLMURL]http://www.neta.co.uk/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=%2b4j9WqmJuG0%3d&tabid=173&language=en-GB#page=16[/DLMURL]

I'd rather cut my testicles off with a rusty spoon than do Comcat to get ripped off by non paying chippy/kabab/Indian takeaways and restaurants :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Always call out charge always money upfront and never payment in food ever ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to COMCAT Commercial Catering in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock