Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Commercial Gas other corgi elements, is it worth it ????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

abbeygas

I am wondering if it would be worth doing the commercial qual for corgi ive been quoted 1500???

is it worth doing all the other little element that other installers locally don't want to bother with ??
by these i mean LAV , tumble dryers

Any thoughts can i expext more money for being commercial.

what is the goign rate to service an AGA as ive just done this element

I did commercial elements thinking that I will get lots of work from small hotels and offices.

The reality is that it was a waste of time and I have not renewed them!

I did a few and it was always the same story! Boilers failed as a result of no maintenance and they always wanted it done immediately but paying was another story!

Tony

Yes it pays better but you have to work at it. There are many elements. Commercial Laundry is separate, for example.

Well i have just done it and already have a job that will pay it of ten times over!!!

funny thing is the regs dont cover factories, only domestic and commercial

What do you mean fuzzy??

the regs are divided by the scope and volume of the pipework and fittings.

a Factory could be commercial and it could also be industrial or even domestic
depends on the appliances and pipe volumes!!!

What sort of work do you do, CharterGas? We're at the smaller end of Non Domestic

yes charter gas, ithe regs dont cover factory installations, if your on about <70kW on a heating/hot water system inside a factory then yes it would be covered because it would be classed domestic installation, the new ACS does consider larger bore pipe now, it never had to until bigger combis come out, now long runs and large outputs can require 35mm pipe, that is a different purge volume than a 22m short run.

if we are on about a machine that requires gas then it wouldnt come under it

I do domestic and commercial.
If you put a standard cooker in a factory it does not mean it comes under a commercial ticket. Commercial is up to 1.8 mw (mega watts) and a pipe volume of <1m3 and a pipe size of 150 and less industrial is above pre mentioned.
The problem with 35mm on domestic is that 995 of installers wont install purge points or now or have qualification for the purging!! let alone the equipment

I wld like to get commercial catering,and moblie catering i have no experiance in commercial cld u just jump in after a week studing r is ther more to it.I no every chip shop,restarunt needs a safety check every year.was just wondering is there a market here.how much do use charged for these checks or per appliance.

comms work is over 0.035 m cube installation volume and under 35 mm pipe charter gas you are thinking of purging test and purge 1a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Commercial Gas other corgi elements, is it worth it ????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock