Discuss Commercial kitchen appliances in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannypipe

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Anyone on here qualified for commercial kitchen appliances?

I look after the plumbing/heating for four pubs owned by two different people.

Both have now asked me if I want to look after their kitchen appliances. Said, I can't as I'm not qualified.

Does anyone know of a firm in Kent or Sussex who train in this area. If its not too expensive, I'll do it, even if the work at the pubs just covers the costs, as it's another string to the bow, and who knows, there could be other businesses I could offer the service to as well.

Thanks Mike, I'll give them a call. Is there much to it? How long does it take?

I've not done it but I've seen people there doing the assessments. They're normally very helpful there.

I get on well with a guy from a pizza shop and do quite a bit for him at mates rates. He keeps asking me to do catering stuff he reckons the guy he has come out charges him ÂŁ100 no matter what the job minimum.

That's the problem with mates rates. They suit the mate and not the poor sod working for em!! ;)

I used to look after commercial dishwashers at one time.

The manufacturers of the appliances sometimes run courses.

Others try to force people to use their own engineers, such as Hobart.

Don't think there are any special qualifications other than the usual Gas Safe, electrical Part P etc etc

I'm pretty sure there is a commercial catering difference with most appliances....and I would be working out of scope if I worked on them.

Was offered a job last week fitting gas interlock to kitchen extractor in a care home. Had to turn it down as it deffo came under commercial catering qualification. Shame because they were paying good money. Think we are going to see a lot more of this type of work as environmental health is cracking down, that includes your local takeaway.

I haven't had the chance to look into it properly yet, but I'm sure you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Commercial kitchen appliances in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock