Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

2. WARNING! We do NOT provide advice related to Gas or other fuels to people who are not currently an official registered Heating Engineer. Do NOT ask for advice related to boiler repairs or installs. You need to find a heating engineer instead.

Either seeking or providing advice on UKPlumbersForums.co.uk may result in your account being suspended or removed. These rules are in place to prevent deaths, which can easily occur from messing with heating systems when you're not qualified to do so.

Discuss Commissioning paperwork in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

I would definitely do all the later work as mentioned many times above but also too claims court. It works very well, it's very fast problem solving. If you have got everything in writing or via email or text messages than you are on the safe side. Once they receive the first letter from a claim court they'll start trying to look for a negotiation out of the court. But make sure you've got more things to proof than them because they only judge on who can proof more. But you also could call the citizens advice bureau and ask them what steps you should go.

2. Percy84

Percy84 GSR

That's the thing I was worried about. If he does that I've basically got nothing to use against him. Is it easy for the landlord to just request a duplicate copy?

3. oz-plumber

oz-plumber Plumber

Start from the beginning:

1- Did you provide a written formal quotation for the works?

2- Did you inform the Landlord of the tenants requests due to start times?

3- Has your price changed from the original quoted price due to requiring 2 men to do the works without informing Landlord?

4- Has your price changed due to the tenant requirements without informing Landlord?

• Like Like x 2
  4. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

Just register with GS , but don't register boiler with Vokera, that way he wont get the extended warranty, That's down to owner to do anyway.

5. Percy84

Percy84 GSR

Yes I supplied a quote initially which included 2 men for 2 days.
    I rang the landlord on the first day telling him the tenant wasn't being reasonable with working hours.
    The original quote was for 2 days but with the tenant being unreasonable with working hours and then one day informing me he was running late in the morning but actually calling me a 2.30 in the afternoon to say he was back. I basically lost a full day waiting for the tenant to be at the address.

I informed the landlord that there would be 1 extra days labour due to the tenant messing around and the flue which the landlord had already purchased along with the boiler was incorrect.

I even took a 4th day to go back and finish the commissioning which I didn't charge for.

6. Percy84

Percy84 GSR

I'm sure he could just request a copy of the benchmark and just register the warranty himself though once gas safe have it.

7. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

He could but most customers forget to do it, that's why I register boilers for them, + if you belong to there loyalty scheme some register with GS for you FOC + you get your reward points/money

8. Percy84

Percy84 GSR

He won't forget. He's a penny pinching landlord that apparently has 40 houses so he probably knows exactly what he's doing. After doing the work I've heard nothing but bad reports about him. He's tried telling me he gets a boiler swapped and commissioned in half a day.

9. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

Think you are just chasing mist on this one ! get what you quoted for & walk away, mark it down as a learning curve , if he asks again tell him to use the Co that does it in half a day, you can bet he will stich up some one else on next job

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Percy84

Percy84 GSR

I'd be happy if he just payed what I initially quoted really and at least get some money back.

11. lisawig81

lisawig81 New Member

From a contractual point of view, he should pay what was initially quoted, regardless of any further works, this guy sounds like your typical tight fisted landlord. Don't back down, get the money you are owed. Keep sending him invoices for the outstanding amount, look into a debt collection company for enforcement. Not sure how that works for self employed. At least you know for next time! Good Luck!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. hammers4spanner

hammers4spanner Plumber GSR

I get this on occasions sometimes depending on who it is depends on what i do . Tenants from experience are usually a nightmare anyway .
    Never go cheap for a landlord stuff um

13. Percy84

Percy84 GSR

Update on this guys. Still not been paid and I've still not sent the commissioning paperwork off (still well within the 30 days). But I've been asked to go back and look at the boiler by the landlord because there is apparently a leak on the boiler now. I know for definite there were no leaks when I filled it and no leaks when I commissioned it. I've agreed to go and take a look but I was wondering if while I'm there i can cap the gas supply and say the boiler isn't safe as it isn't commissioned?

14. stani

stani Plumber GSR

If he's not paid you, go back take your boiler home with you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

Meet him there, see the cash first then fix and take it home.