Discuss common return on stanards pipe layout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EBrant

Hello

when using a serial rather than a parallel piping system you need to fit a pressure relieve value between the feed and return on the boiler

it seems the serial (second option) is more efficient and there my save gas (and thereby money)

Any suggestions/advise ?

thanks
EBrant

I'm guessing that you mean an automatic bypass valve when you say pressure relief valve. You may or may not need one depending on the boiler you are getting. The best thing to do if you are really intent on doing the pipe work yourself is find a Gsr who is willing to work with this arrangement and let him charge you a consultation rate to point you in the right direction or it sounds like it may go horribly wrong.

Are you talking about a reverse return system rather than a one pipe? As I'm confused why you would A. Fit a one pipe system anywhere! And
B. Fit a reverse return in a domestic dwelling.

What would make the water move through the relative high resistance of the radiators if it can just whip round a continuous flow and return loop? Answer. Nothing.
I could say the same about a one-pipe system: what's to stop the water bypassing the rads and just travelling round and round the 22mm pipe?

As for the rest of your reply, you obviously don't appreciate that I am not the OP. Maybe you might not have made that mistake if you had bothered to read the whole topic.

And I do know what an ABV is, what it does and where it is normally located - if it's not already in the boiler.

Mass confusion and a silly post, clearly going to do it all himself.
people like this should be banned from the forum.
Agree with first line, josh but not second.

Who are we to start deciding who gets to speak or not.

Perhaps what is required is a little more insight and then restraint from members not to provide information which would assist these posters !!!

Agree with first line, josh but not second.

Who are we to start deciding who gets to speak or not.

Perhaps what is required is a little more insight and then restraint from members not to provide information which would assist these posters !!!

Agree but i do find it annoying how we all train and work hard and then get the arrogance of some people that come wondering on here wanting/thinking they know it all and wanting all the advice so they can try do it themselves when they shouldn't be even attempting it in the first place.

Agree, to them it is just putting a few pipes together its easy, I have push fit pipes & the inter web, how difficult could it be !!!! "What you don't know, you don't know" !

What it means by that is it is only with training and the knowledge that comes from it that you understand just what you did know before you started.

Ignorance can be bliss until it becomes bl++y expensive.

I could say the same about a one-pipe system: what's to stop the water bypassing the rads and just travelling round and round the 22mm pipe?

As for the rest of your reply, you obviously don't appreciate that I am not the OP. Maybe you might not have made that mistake if you had bothered to read the whole topic.

And I do know what an ABV is, what it does and where it is normally located - if it's not already in the boiler.
Wo.... doitmyself. No offence intended. I did read the whole topic back when the thread was one page where my first post resides. On revisiting the thread I confused in issolation your reply as that of the OP. With regards to 1 pipe systems as I understand it most of the flow did indeed just travel around the single loop from flow to return but then it was typically used with true radiators rather than convectors that had much lower resistance and there was of course a time many many years ago that toungue T's were used to assist in diverting a greater volume of flow through the radiator. I was not suggesting you didnt know what an abv was just that that is the only instance I can think of where the flow and return are bridged other than with an emitter / convector / radiator. Of course I myself had forgotten to include low loss headers which bridge too but again not after the rads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to common return on stanards pipe layout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock