Search the forum,

Discuss Condensing Boiler Drain in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a Boiler man but I have been to a house where the condensate pipe terminates into a 110mm pipe outside that looks like a drain but on closer inspection is a soak away. my question is, is this within the regulations or just lazy installation?

Yes if its a pipe filled with lime chippings that it terminates into, thats correct. They can terminate into soakaway or drain. Was the condensate pipework lagged. A pic would give a better answer

If it goes through a neutraliser first it's ok, if it doesn't that's a Nono

I is in to lime chippings so thank you and sealed, no lagging and I have repaired the elbow that had broken.

I is in to lime chippings so thank you and sealed, no lagging and I have repaired the elbow that had broken.

Do you know when the chippings were replace ?

You can download a manual from manufacturers website it will provide info on the boiler and the proper regulations regarding condensate termination. I have downloaded most boiler manuals onto tablet and use them everyday. They are free.

Thanks, there is an elbow that is damaged so I will replace and lag when I return.

remember to use outdoor approved insulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Condensing Boiler Drain in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock