Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Conex Lockshield Valve Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

philr

Hi,
I've got a problem with a Conex Lockshield Valve - seems it's fairly old (+30 yrs) - and it may just be seized up, but before I do anythnig more drastic I thought I would ask this forum.

The valve consists of the valve body, a metal cover, and a large screw. The screw top reads "Remove to reset" & "Conex Pat App". The spindle for the valve is very slightly tapered, and has a single flat on one side - and because it's in a tight corner, it's impossible to get any kind of grip on to the spindle to rotate it.

However, on the basis of a previous thread (Odd lockshield valves - can anyone help me adjust them?) there may be some other way of adjusting this valve - I've tried doing what was suggested by tightening the screw head, but that doesn't seem to want to move anything.

I only want to close the valve in order to remove the radiator for decorating, so to have to drain a large CH system just for that seems overkill.

Any suggestions as to how I might proceed?

you could get tank bungs and change the valve under vacuum no need to drain down then

Or close opposite valve, freeze below valve and change it live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Conex Lockshield Valve Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock