Discuss connecting condensate pipe to vaillant boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
what fitting do i need to connect to the condensate waste from the boiler ?? I have 21.5mm pipe and straight coupling, but the coupling is a couple of mm too big ?

They used to supply a grey connector to connect up...............We now like a challenge!

well they have supplied nowt, and I'm stuck scratching my head lol

Yes the pipe should go straight on without a socket.

pre heat your condense pipe ,push and turn into the boiler connection ,let it cool down ,then pull out and apply solvent weld !

you may have been given a boiler with a euro size connection, phone the manufacture and ask them why it does not come supplied with a bs size connection as its been sold in the uk.

if i remember right the last vaillant i did, the condensate just pushed up into the grey pipe, was a struggle mind, it was an ecotec 28kw i think

well I had 21.5mm pipe, wouldn't push onto the connection, ended up heating the pipe and doing it that way, just wondering if it was common or if something was missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to connecting condensate pipe to vaillant boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This...
Replies
Views
I have moved our washing machine into the garage but there isn’t a drain for the waste pipe. The attached image is of the waste pipe with the...
Replies
Views
Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In...
Replies
Views
hi. anyone used one of these before.. need to connect a hose from a condense pump to a w/c pan connector..these are for connection to soil pipe so...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock