Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss continuity earth rod for gas pipe suitable in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
i serviced and did a landlord safety certificate today and it did not have any earth continuity was not visible i know it has to be a minimum of 600mm. the customer wants us to get it earthed.
we will get a sparky to take a earth connection from gas pipe to the consumer unit.

the problem is the only way possible would be to take around the parameter of the property would be under the harling stone before it meets the brick work then drill a hole to the consumer unit but i thought about another method but it will be down to the electricians decision. how about an earth rod that you can purchase from plumb fix? would this be a suitable for gas safe pipe work?

i just want to know for future knowledge. thank you

as long as its earthed and the ground is ok i would say yes

Wasn't there another answer on here before shauns

ile:///Users/lstephenson/Downloads/2005_16_autumn_wiring_matters_earthing_your_questi ons_answered.pdf

way out of a gas technicians ball park imho, just leave it to the sparkies and their rules that can differ from ours :) no need for us to be getiing into earth rods etc, might lead to causing a serious potential problem, think there is a sparkie pun in that sentence :)

It's not Earthing, it's Bonding.
And an earth rod will not be suitable.

Quite right an earth rod will not be suitable if the original earthing system is tn-c-s or tns or tt for that matter as the could be a potential deference between the two point of earth also as snowhead stated its bonding not eartheing

+1 above. It's equipotential bonding not earthing. The clue is in the word equipotential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to continuity earth rod for gas pipe suitable in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock