Discuss Convert central heating with 1 meter into separate controls & meters in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Would it be a big job? Would floorboards have to be taken up etc? How long would it take? Each unit is a single-person flat. Would tenants have to move while it's done, or could it be done in a short time...say within a day?

It's an old building - heating is from 70s or 80s. The type of heating is a gas-powered boiler in shed outside(attached to house). It's a 2 storey building.

Thanks for any advice.

With only one boiler would be quite hard also how would you split the bills only way would be with heat meters or 2 boilers 1 each with each one of sub meters and main meter supplying them

With only one boiler would be quite hard also how would you split the bills only way would be with heat meters or 2 boilers 1 each with each one of sub meters and main meter supplying them
It will be separate controls and separate meters ...and probably separate boilers? Or is there a way to do it and keep the 1 main boiler? I don't know anything about it so trying to find out and also how big a job it would be.

Forget it - you'll need 2 boilers, 2 meters, 2 sets of controls and "probably" lots of pipework changes ......

Then if you split the heating then you should probably do the electrics too, which may mean a complete rewire, adding fuseboards etc etc

Easier to divide the bill into x amount and charge per flat

Easier to divide the bill into x amount and charge per flat
It has to be done. It won't be until May or June at earliest... Tenants will have to know to move their stuff, move themselves, or if they can stay while it's being done - I'm just trying to get a rough idea at this stage, as to size of job, how disruptive it will be etc.

Big job will have to have a whole new central heating system and rads with heat meters etc tenants will be out

2-6 months depending on size or property

Reply to Convert central heating with 1 meter into separate controls & meters in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock