Search the forum,

Discuss cookers in internal rooms no windows or doors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

been to a flat today with kitchen with no windows or doors to outside kitchen door opens into living room - ok as there is a fan to the required spec to ventilate the kitchen my concern is that the pipe on the fan to outside is that white flexi stuff like on tumble driers - this can rip or hole easily is this stuff ok or should it be solid plastic vent pipe.

High Quality UNIVERSAL Tumble Dryer Vent Hose Exhaust Pipe 4Metre x 10mm on eBay!

the above sort of stuff

To be honest would not get too bogged down in the finer details.
The ventilation is there and is operational. That is all I would be looking for.

if theres only mechanical ventilation shouldnt there be an air pressure switch or some sort of proving device linking to a solenoid on the gas supply

can the hob be turned on without the extract, if it can you then have no ventilation and a potential big problem

Last edited:
if theres only mechanical ventilation shouldnt there be an air pressure switch or some sort of proving device linking to a solenoid on the gas supply

can the hob be turned on without the extract, if it can you then have no ventilation and a potential big problem

You would be pushed to find that setup in a Domestic property. Commercial yes.

You would be pushed to find that setup in a Domestic property. Commercial yes.
my concern is without the fan or ducting to outside theres not enough ventilation which is ID
If the fan isnt working or turned off there isnt enough ventilation and if there isnt enough ventilation its again ID

yes that setup is normally seen in commercial, however this isnt a normal situation

I have seen this before but the vent was only designed as a bathroom extractor so I capped it and priced up a proper one which cost around £100. I spoke to expelair and gas safe who were great for advice on this matter.
This particular extractor was just wired up to the lightswitch which was fine. I don't think there has to be any interlock for domestic. Good idea though yes and don't quote me on it.

thats why i like this forum, theres always someone sensible on here

my concern is without the fan or ducting to outside theres not enough ventilation which is ID
If the fan isnt working or turned off there isnt enough ventilation and if there isnt enough ventilation its again ID

yes that setup is normally seen in commercial, however this isnt a normal situation

This is more common than you may think. I see it a lot. Usually they have a mechanical fan linked to the light switch.

BTW its AR not ID TB005(B)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cookers in internal rooms no windows or doors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock