Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Copyright Image Sharing - Exclusive To Plumbers Arms Members in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keefy

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Most of you who build or maintain your own websites will be aware how difficult it can be to find decent images around the web which are not subject to some kind of copyright or charge. Usually when you do come across an image you like you find that every other plumbing site is already displaying it thus risking your site looking very generic and almost indistinguishable from the rest.

To try and get over this I've decided to start building up a portfolio of exclusive images to be shared here amongst Plumbers Arms members who should feel free to use them should they wish. I'm no professional photographer but I'll do my best to produce at least half decent photos by taking things into consideration such as lighting and positioning. If anyone wants to share some of their own images here then please do.

If anyone needs a particular image for their website post an image request detailing what you need and I - and hopefully others here, will do my best to personally snap what you need. Maybe you want a close-up of a manometer during a tightness test, fluxing a fitting or maybe a dripping overflow pipe, big, small, medium sized - anything - just ask, if anyone happens to come across what you need on a job and can get a decent pic of it then it can be posted and shared here.

So, like I say I'm no pro when it comes to photography but I'll start by posting these. If anyone wants to use them then feel free to download them, add your watermark or your business logo whatever.

• Copper Fittings

Copper_Fittings_1.jpg Copper_Fittings_2.jpg Copper_Fittings_3.jpg

Cheers pal, that's really helpful of you and I'm sure many of us, myself included will take you up on this.

Now get in your bloody van, head North, I've got 50 bathrooms needing your camera........

By the way, those are the fittings that Paul from Copperbits gave me to try out. Seem alright but I haven't tried pushing and pulling them off any pipe or soldering the life out of them yet.

Brilliant idea Keith.

I've been toying with the idea of building a website for while now but the issue of image copyright has put me off. Now I'll look into it in more detail & put some ideas together.

I'm also happy to try & provide some photos also. As you say, I'm not the best photographer but my father is into his photography & has a pretty decent camera so am always able to get him to take some reasonable quality photographs.

Nice one mate. Nice to have an attitude to help others out.

Cheers fellas, glad you're up for getting involved.

My missus mentioned that I should try having a word with the local college about providing a few props (including myself lol) for photography students to take pictures of which could then be used on my site as well as for the student's own work portfolio. Something to consider I suppose.

Great idea mate, could be very useful. We need our forum photographer Mike Jackson to get involved with this.

I can hear Mr Stafford and his camera taking photos off his stock now, and charging us a quid a pop per photo :)

I can hear Mr Stafford and his camera taking photos off his stock now, and charging us a quid a pop per photo :)

Don't talk to me about photos. We are about 95% of the way through gathering together photos of every item that we keep for our ecommerce site, and its driving us nuts.

If anyone wants them, feel free to nick them off our site once its up - but most of them are the bog standard pics that you could get off the manufacturers sites anyway.

photo.jpg
Photo of the inside of a brand new hot water cylinder. Was going to put it on a heating page on my website at some point.

Seeing all that lovely copper makes me want to salivate to be honest, thinking of trips to the scrapyard!

How about a realistic photo of a plumber scratching his arse!

Just in case you wanna pretend you're tall dark n handsome like me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 147
For anyone who, like me, isn't so good with the likes of Photoshop or other complicated image editing software I'd recommend using PicMonkey (it's free) for simple things such as flipping images the right way round *cough* PlumbersMate *cough* and cropping etc.

I suggest making this a sticky, the majority of what I put on my web sites are watermarked but I have a fair library of images so will start sorting through them and put them up.

Arms members only yes?

need a powerflush one that is grafitied with silly noise words like bang and krash

need a powerflush one that isnt grafitied with silly noise words like bang and krash

Think it was villa tom. Just so happens I always wear the snickers type trousers but was advised I try out the Adidas bad boys

Once the missus borrows her dad's camera again I'll get to work on a few more pics. The camera I own myself you have to put film in it.

This idea die ?

Keep meaning to get some pics but my work isn't all that varied these days. Taps, taps, taps... more taps etc. I'll still post pics here when and if I come across any decent opportunities.

Kitchen Sink Taps etc.

MT Copyright 001.jpg MT Copyright 002.jpg MT Copyright 003.jpg MT Copyright 004.jpg

MT Copyright 005.jpg MT Copyright 008.jpg MT Copyright 009.jpg

Once again, not the most professional looking pics but at least they're free to crop, flip, resize, add your own watermark to or whatever - without worrying about copyright infringement.

Outside Tap

006.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg

Forgot to take a pic after I sealed the sleeve but it's makes for a better outside tap than most I've found in Google Images.

Outside Tap

View attachment 13427 View attachment 13425 View attachment 13426

Forgot to take a pic after I sealed the sleeve but it's makes for a better outside tap than most I've found in Google Images.

Nice looking job mate, unless using my preferred choice of a wall-plate (I think that's what they're called) I'd have done the exterior pipework going downwards so they can drain off easier in winter.
But tell you what, that's the shiniest wall plate elbow I think I've ever seen :)

Nice looking job mate, unless using my preferred choice of a wall-plate (I think that's what they're called) I'd have done the exterior pipework going downwards so they can drain off easier in winter.
But tell you what, that's the shiniest wall plate elbow I think I've ever seen :)
Yes it's a wallplate, wallplate elbow or backplate elbow, whatever you prefer really. Pipework heads down in this case because there's a slight fall towards an internal drain off under the sink unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Copyright Image Sharing - Exclusive To Plumbers Arms Members in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock