Search the forum,

Discuss Correct "Frost" settings for church heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nolly53

The church heating system requires some fine tuning! TheBoiler is an MHS Strata 2. TheControl Panel has 3 Electro Controls ETE-150s fed by Electro Controls e10 bbead sensors, one in each heating zone. Also a fourth Electro Controls ETE-150 fed by an EX-10K3A1 OutsideSensor.

When the building is occupied, the heating is controlled bythe zone clocks with no problems. Nowthat the colder weather is with us, when the building is unoccupied the heatingis coming on far too often, either in individual zones or in all zones, ifbrought on by the outside sensor.
I am keen to set the boards at their ideal settings – i.e.the lowest temperature necessary to protect the fabric of the building. Otherwise our gas bill is likely to be ridiculouslyhigh.
Clearly I could adjust these until I thought that it was “right”. Are there recommended temperature settingsfor the indoor and outdoor sensors to minimise wastage of gas yet protectingthe boiler and fabric of the building?

nolly53

Your engineer should have set them up for u. 7c is usually ok for indoors as once room space hits that the pipes are almost freezing - solid walls cold underfloors. Outside probably 2 or 3 c?

For inside, dont forget to mount them on some board so it picks up air temperature rather than surface. Also get a pipe stat on the return so that once its warmed the boiler and pipework it shutsdown.

Think of the poor old church mice, the best way to control a church would be on minimum space temperature, in other words don't let the church drop below say 9 deg C, and I say, say. You need to bear in mind the average church temperature is no more than 15 Deg c in winter at best, if you turn the heating on, on outside air drop you may start to turn the heating on at night when no one is every going to be in there.

A good way would be to have a controller that looks at both Inside and outside, then you can limit the inside, you need to consider also how long does it take to get the church up to working temp from cold. I don't think the electro is smart enough to do all that.

You need to also protect the water in the heating system from freezing so back end frost protection is also required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Correct "Frost" settings for church heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock