Discuss Correct way to connect two compression fittings in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Apologies for the stupid question, I'm just a newbie playing under the sink.
I have an isolation valve and an elbow, both of which have compression fittings that would normally fix to copper pipe.
I need to connect both together directly. What is the correct fitting to do this? Surely I don't have to use a short length of pipe?
Many thanks for any advice.

Alternatively you can buy an angled isolating valve. 44D85E59-121B-413A-8EAC-92462769FECB.jpeg

How else did you think it would connect, plumber’s magic?
Well I thought that as it must be a fairly regular requirement there might have been a specific fitting to use. It would have made sense and a neater job instead of bits of pipe. But now I've learnt firstly that that's not the case and secondly, that in order to avoid sarcastic comments, I wont visit this site again with beginners questions, I'll go elsewhere. Thanks for the heads up. Oh and thanks to the two previous answers from the grownups.

@JackGr - instead of throwing your toys out of the pram, why not consider that people here are giving you free advice, and if that comes with a bit of mockery, so be it? Here we're among friends and a bit of gentle sarcasm can be par for the course. Had Undertrained answered you with his/her comment immediately, I would be on your side, but as your question had already been comprehensively answered, I don't really agree that Undertrained was out of line.

To give you a serious answer, most of us wouldn't use a compression elbow at all as you describe: we'd prefer to pull a bend or use a soldered elbow, so your situation occurs rarely. You could try to use a double-female iron instead of a short bit of pipe, but it would be an expensive bodge that might not really work, and plumbers always have a short bit of pipe. This is why there isn't a specific fitting available.

Reply to Correct way to connect two compression fittings in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock