Discuss Cost of system upgrade (unvented)?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Copper Top

I am planning to have my old copper cylinder and potterton removed, water tank in loft drained and megaflo 210i installed along with a worcester 30 CDi. i have been given a quote of £6000 including labour, materials and powerflush (no rads upgrade included) Does this sound excessive to you? I'm finding it really hard to get any quotes for unvented systems from plumbers. Loads of quotes for combi conversions... :confused:

Wouldn't use the megaflo, theres plenty just as good in quality for a much better price.
Don't do gas but do appreciate the gas line may need upgrading, are you having trv's installed on the rads?
Seems a bit pricey to me but really difficult to say without seeing whats involved.

Thanks Simon G. Rads already have trvs. Replacing old copper cylinder in dedicated ground floor boiler room (easily accessible). 4 bedroom house with 7 rads + 3x 400 mm towel rails. 1 bathroom + 2 ensuite showers. Rads, bathroom fittings and bathroom pipework not included in price.

If boiler and cylinder in same spot then I thinl I'll adjust my initial assessment and say its very pricey then or bloody expensive.

Agree with Simon,get some more quotes in
You will get lots trying to palm you off with a combi only,but stick to your original plans
What area are you in ? maybe someone from the forums could help

imho

Yep. Boiler and cylinder are in same spot: ground floor boiler room, 2ft from front door! Thanks Gray0689 for restoring my sanity. I've calculated the cost of materials (quoted as £3000) and it comes in at around £2200 tops from most online plumbing companies, which leaves a staggering £3800 in labour..

I'm in London.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cost of system upgrade (unvented)?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Hi gents/lads I have a massive question for you and i really struggle to find an answer and I need your opinion. Never done complete installs...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. New to plumbing so excuse the noob questions? Would like to replace existing heating system with a new indirect system boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock