Discuss Cost of system upgrade (unvented)?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would say £6000 is ok. some people dont understand to hassle of fitting unvented. really pees me off when they say its only changing the cylinder. dont mean to be rude to any of you plumbers but if everyone keeps saying seems expensive plumbers will end up fitting systems for about a fiver. I gave a quote for a boiler change the other day £1800 supply and fit. 2 days later the women said get lost cause iv spoken to a plumber on a website saying im ripping her off! really?

sorry to moan but i did not pay stupid amounts for solar, gas, air source, ground source, underfloor, wood burning LPG etc etc for someone to say im ripping them off for a boiler change when BG CHARGE £4000.

i have to agree with mboshier.
unvented isnt that simple and you have to sign off and install to a standard, with sites on the web like this one it works for the plumber and sometimes in doesnt.
if it costs 6000 then it costs 6000 unless you get quotes that tell a different story so my advice if your not happy get more quotes dont listen to plumbers that havent seen the job.

Each to their own, everybody has an opinion and mine is 6,000 is expensive. Did an oil boiler and unvented in the same room for house with 20+ rads and 4 bathrooms. Nowhere near 6,000 and that included the oil tank. 4 days work plus mats plus ohp.

Also whats so difficult about unvented?

nothings difficult. but its not just a cylinder change which most people think. PR can be abit of a pig sometimes depending on where customer would like it terminating.

People can charge what they want, but i dont mind earning £100,000 a year

My customers don't think its 'just' a cylinder change, because I've already explained whats involved.

So the papers are right!

thats what they think before you explain or most of them think anyway.

the day i become expensive will be the day BG etc beat me on a quote! would you not agree???

Indeed.

If people got round the "big company can do no wrong" syndrome BG would be down the road!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cost of system upgrade (unvented)?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock