Discuss CPA Analysis - acceptable readings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordyjordy111

Gas Engineer
Hi all

does any one know the acceptable cpa levels for a boiler. I've just done a course at gas logic and the book that I got from them says if the ratio of co/co2 is above 0.008 then this should be investigated as it is not burning as it should.

fairly simple stuff but I had a boiler today which gave a reading of 0.0042 which I thought was fine.

however the engineer who i was working with said anything 0.004 or above needs a service???
my book says nothing about this???

also, does anyone have a view on the viper gas books as the book i have seems to omit vital info like discussed above.

thanks

Hi all

does any one know the acceptable cpa levels for a boiler. I've just done a course at gas logic and the book that I got from them says if the ratio of co/co2 is above 0.008 then this should be investigated as it is not burning as it should.

fairly simple stuff but I had a boiler today which gave a reading of 0.0042 which I thought was fine.

however the engineer who i was working with said anything 0.004 or above needs a service???
my book says nothing about this???

also, does anyone have a view on the viper gas books as the book i have seems to omit vital info like discussed above.

thanks

0.0042 is fine

you could do it to see it improves its , but theres no rule says you have to . we do a before and after reading

0.0042 is fine

Just worth noting that some manufacturers have a more stringent criteria for the ratio. Additionally, they may ask you to look at min/max CO[SUB]2[/SUB]%.

It's also worth looking at TB 126.

as general guide the action levels for boilers are- 0.004 before a service & 0.008 after a service but heres a question specifically for you lordyjordy111, why are you allowed a higher ratio ie 0.008 after servicing/cleaning.

TB stands for technical bulletin. They are produced by Gas Safe.

In this case, the TB recommends that boilers with air/gas ratio valves do not exceed a ratio .004 and if they do, they are considered AR. If exceeding .008, then ID.

But again, this is subject to MI. For instance Worcester Bosch Ri, are looking for a ratio of no more then .002. Any thing exceeding that requires a service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CPA Analysis - acceptable readings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock