Search the forum,

Discuss Customers who text about urgent work. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Just got a text which used "urgent" and "asap" in the same text.

Well why you ******g texting then!!

Its amazing how a job becomes "urgent" round about this time of the day.

I get even more annoyed at people who ring on a Sunday or at 9 pm just to enquire about getting a boiler service done!

To some degree I sympathise. Texting is now more popular than calling and many people feel they can do a better job of explaining a problem they barely understand in writing. But if it's urgent then making a big deal of how urgent it is via text is truly ridiculous.

If an issue is urgent it needs contact, I can just see it, I'm laying dying and the wife text's a mate to phone for an ambulance. It's abit like the 'urgent' posts for help on here. If it's urgent then pick up the phone and speak.

Texts were invented so you don't have to speak to the other half :)

I'm quite big on texting these days, or just as bad, emailing.

I have actually said to people that they'd be better off emailing me so I can take my time to read it through in the evening.

I know that sounds rude but I don't mean it to. I do chat to a fair few customers through the course of a day, and sometimes its just a pain in the arse.

I totally agree though. Urgent and text don't make for a good pair.

I have to contact btwn 20/30 tenants a month to book in GSI.

The time I spend trying to phone them is depressing, they will not pick up their phones, mob or landline.

When I send them a txt saying what I need to do and will pick keys up from the letting company, visiting without them being there, the response is imazing phone is buzzing within minutes.

Getting old and grumpier but i hate texting. The number of customers who text to cancel an appointment, usually as i am driving there does my head in, much prefer the art of conversation

Don't reply then when they ring say you ran out of credit or didn't have any free texts left this month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Customers who text about urgent work. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock