Discuss Customers who text about urgent work. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Just got a text which used "urgent" and "asap" in the same text.

Well why you ******g texting then!!

Its amazing how a job becomes "urgent" round about this time of the day.

I get even more annoyed at people who ring on a Sunday or at 9 pm just to enquire about getting a boiler service done!

To some degree I sympathise. Texting is now more popular than calling and many people feel they can do a better job of explaining a problem they barely understand in writing. But if it's urgent then making a big deal of how urgent it is via text is truly ridiculous.

If an issue is urgent it needs contact, I can just see it, I'm laying dying and the wife text's a mate to phone for an ambulance. It's abit like the 'urgent' posts for help on here. If it's urgent then pick up the phone and speak.

Texts were invented so you don't have to speak to the other half :)

I'm quite big on texting these days, or just as bad, emailing.

I have actually said to people that they'd be better off emailing me so I can take my time to read it through in the evening.

I know that sounds rude but I don't mean it to. I do chat to a fair few customers through the course of a day, and sometimes its just a pain in the arse.

I totally agree though. Urgent and text don't make for a good pair.

I have to contact btwn 20/30 tenants a month to book in GSI.

The time I spend trying to phone them is depressing, they will not pick up their phones, mob or landline.

When I send them a txt saying what I need to do and will pick keys up from the letting company, visiting without them being there, the response is imazing phone is buzzing within minutes.

Getting old and grumpier but i hate texting. The number of customers who text to cancel an appointment, usually as i am driving there does my head in, much prefer the art of conversation

Don't reply then when they ring say you ran out of credit or didn't have any free texts left this month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Customers who text about urgent work. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I have just joined, after being pushed into some DIY plumbing. Here is my first plumbing DIY effort. I had a cistern lever that...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
i'm trying to reply to a kind member who posted on my thread about central heating issues in the CH forum - but i keep getting this message...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock