Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Cutting floorboards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nzmanc

Hey guys

I need access to replace a port valve. The issue is the floorboards that need lifting run under the wall between two bedrooms. How is it best to get the boards up? Also is a fein multimaster a useful purchase, considering the price?

Wouldn't know how I'd cope with out my fein, blades are pricy, but the time it saves makes up for it, used this morning to get a board up, so easy, brilliant bit of kit, had it a few years now and never regretted buying it. Get spare blades of ebay.

Got a mate who's got one and he swears by it.I used it the other day and he said the blade was worn out,but it did the trick no probs.I'm going to get one ASAP

bought a fein the other day, makes me :D everytime i take it out the box

Similar I bought a blow up doll and it too makes me smile when I take it out of the box!!!!LOL

Any advice on my problem?

Cut the board as close to the edge of the room as possible. When you come to put the boards back down put a nogging in between the joists to take the load at the end of the board.

Yes cut the board as close as you can to the wall on one side, checking before you do that no cables or pipes are likely yo get damaged when you do.

The problem is, if the wall is a partition it may be nailed through the board. So a good hacksaw blade or a fein with a metal cutting blade may do it if it can reach far enough.

Some people cut wall nails with a multi purpose saw, but I find the teeth are not as fine as a hacksaw blades and so its difficult to cut with them on this sort of job.

You may have to go in the next room and cut the board close to the wall on that side as well.

It may also mean chopping the piece of board out from under the wall.

You can then replace with a new board fixed onto the joists.

No I ain't going to buy a fein, if the price comes down I may consider it then.

Allow bags of time its fiddly.

Last edited by a moderator:
just make sure that you cut halfway on the joists so it will be easier to nail back down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cutting floorboards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock