Discuss D shape Toilet Seat won’t come off in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

My D Shape toilet seat has no visible fixings just one solid plastic plate attached to the toilet that doesn’t seem to pop off. Any advice on how to remove it?

image.jpg

It slides forward but there might be a slide clip at the back in the centre

Won’t slide forward and nothing at the back sadly, no access to underneath either.I’m starting to think you might have to remove the cistern to access some bolts

Can you take a picture of the back hinge ?

Yep spot on now one from the front with the lid up

One from where the toilet seat hinge please

Yep there’s not a spring plunger where the hole is and the lids lift off is there ?

Yep there’s not a spring plunger where the hole is and the lids lift off is there ?
No I’ve had a go at getting something in there and doesn’t seem to have any give, also had a go at prizing the lid off at that hinge to no joy. Think it really has been poor lid choice from whoever originally put it on when it was installed. Thank you for the help though

Only option is to cut it off then sorry to say

Reply to D shape Toilet Seat won’t come off in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock