Discuss D1 & D2 Length Regs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Heat Kent

This is a cylinder I did about a month ago – But are D1 & D2 acceptable? I got thinking about it after reading another post last night, so I did a little research. Does the minimum of 300mm before a bend apply to D1 as well as D2? I also have 2 elbows in D1, so what length of pipe does an elbow account for?

To put it right would I just need to just cut D2 under the clip and solder it back on under the tundish with a coupling or do I need to cut it up by the temp valve and extend the pipe work to the first elbow too?

I just want to say thank you to everyone on the forum for being so helpful, I’m learning loads of new things and building up a useful folder of specific regulations.

cylinder.jpgdischarge.jpg

One in my folder http://www.stockport.gov.uk/2013/2994/developmentcontrol/14406/45614/019sanitation

D1 too long and also seems at an incline from the PRV. As to the D2, how far is the run outside and how many elbows? Btw, what's tee'd into the D2 near the floor?

There’s no incline on it, could just be the angle of the picture with the elbows? Goes into 22 from the tee (which picks up the 15 out of the red heating expansion vessel) elbows under the floor into a 2m straight length to the external wall, elbowed down, elbowed out and caged down low.

Do you know how much of my length allowance is taken up by each elbow? Also can I put elbows that close to the valve?

No worries. Looks like a slight incline in the pic. re. the lengths, It's all in G3 and usually the MI's. you should know these if you're fitting UV cylinders.

Last edited:
would have been better the to run the blow off from the heating seperate. Its safer and better than many unvented cylinder installs you see.

9m max in 22mm including allowances for fittings (add 0.8m for a 22mm elbow)
I normally allow the same for bends even tho i read somewhere you add slightly less.

28mm is 18m including fittings (add 1m for every 28mm elbow)

If you were over the 9m and had to upsize it, it should be upsized from the tundish.

Double check but i think thats right.
Hope that helps.
Looks like a good job by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to D1 & D2 Length Regs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock