Discuss Damn immersion heater!#*'@* in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

1smokinace

Guys cmon, cant get this damn immersion heater out, bottom heater in an e7 direct vented tank, lady is an oap and cant afford a new cylinder so i need to get it out, any help would be great, would buy a second hand e7 tank if anyone local has one, notts area, thanks in advance for you help. Mark.

Try heating it with your gas bottle for a bit (about a minute or so), but take it easy. That normally works, but not every time.
Good Luck.

Mark theres a spray on the market now that works initially as a freezer spray thus shrinking the core element but simultaneously sprays oil and solvent (like WD40 and 3 in one) and since the cold burst creates a gap that the lubricant can get into theoretically allows good/better penetration. worth a try.

A decent immersion spanner and a tap with a hammer before youdrain down normally does it for me.

Mike

A decent immersion spanner and a tap with a hammer before youdrain down normally does it for me.

Mike
thats what id try but dont try it when the cylinder is empty
if that doesnt work drain it remove all wiring, stat and plastic from the element then apply plenty of heat
there usually stuck because of the jointing paste and heat will soften this
worse case scenario is getting the washer cut out between the element and the cylinder flange with a hacksaw blade spray with wd then retry all the above
in thity five years ive only mashed one cylinder using the above

will you damage an empty cylinder in this way?

Yeh mate when you try and remove the heater from and empty cilinder you can buckle and twist the thin walls of it, when its full of water it makes it more dense and less its likely to cave in.

got the water heater out with help from a large modified water heater spanner and a bit of heat, thanks guys, customer very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Damn immersion heater!#*'@* in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock