Discuss DANGEROUS FLUE PIPE - have a look in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Centralheatking

My boys pulled out a floor standing open flued gas boiler appliance today. This one has been
serviced and looked after by BG for the past 10 years. The thing was on the ground floor
and easily examined. Just look at the flue - which was leaking exhaust into the cavity between the wall
skins.

DAVIES1.jpg its standing on the old boiler but was a horizantal flue - see hole.

I thought the servicing regs meant a flue inspection

Father Xmas :santa_smiley:

what a mess lucky no one was killed its not open flued though its roomsealed

What condition was the inner flue like ? must have been in one peice or boiler would not have worked, was it possable to see the damage to the flue B4 you removed it ??

if you had looked down the air intake from the outside you would have seen that

Gotta love BG, they're our biggest allies! They make us private types look great!!

As it was on the ground floor at 1.5m high on an outside wall surely it should have been looked at
if you had looked down the air intake from the outside you would have seen that

You would definitely see that if you checked down it and your FGA readings would show this up anyway, plus vitiation would be visable.

Its easy to slate people for not seeing this but as we all know customers only ever give half the story. Ok, she says its been looked after for ten years by BG, but has it really?

They could have cancelled the contract years ago and when you found this fault they'll always come up with the line 'bg serviced all the time' when infact they may not have touched it for years.

I did on the other day and isolated the boiler for a flue fault, then the women said to me, you've looked after it all these years and its been ok. When infact she hadn't had a service in 3 years and had cancelled the contract and was looking to be taken back on.

I had all the facts infront of me and could piece a full story together, if BG had looked after that boiler for the past ten years and left this without atleast at risking it then drag them over the coals, but yet again it's another lets slate BG without the full details thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to DANGEROUS FLUE PIPE - have a look in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the...
Replies
Views
We built our detached house 23 yrs ago, having a Vaillant Thermocompact boiler with a Megaflo tank, and it's been excellent. The boiler sits in a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, came across this forum this looking for information on my sooting up kitchen type indoor Enviromax. I'm a retired electronics/maintenance...
Replies
Views
So we are looking at a new vaillant ecofit pure 418 regular boiler but have a question about the gas pipe size requirements.. At the gas meter...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock