Discuss Dangerous gas jobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bernie2

I once went to a job where somebody had used a piece of washing machine hose, instead of a cooker hose.

In one area if you took a gas meter out for a couple of minutes for some reason, when you came back there was a good chance it would be gone.

They use them for swapping over, after the gas man has read their own meter. So just before he comes again they put their own meter back which shows only a low reading.

Another problem was ventilation, people blocked them up to avoid draughts. Madness!

I even went to one house where you could see the vent on the outside but inside it had been wall papered over.

You could go on, but most times you just put it right and told the person not to do it again. If they protested you wrote it on the sheet or capped the appliance off and informed the gas supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dangerous gas jobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock