Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss day rate and charging for apprentices on jobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_d_o_t

Gas Engineer
hi guys just wondered if anyone could give me there thoughts, i just been asked what my day rate is to do some work for another company, i am fully gas safe with all appliances so was thinking £200 per day and was wondering if i charge for my apprentice who is in his 2nd year gas course, what are your thoughts? and if so how much would you say is reasonable?

thanks Nick

Depends where your based.
amount of work they will give you.
how much you need the work.

You must have a rough idea for when you price for work.

I don't think anyone is going to divulge how much they charge on a open forum, you might get some if you are discussing the subject in the plumbers arms.

How ever much you pay him plus enough to cover costs of paperwork, PPE, tools, holiday, sick pay etc etc etc.
If you only charge what you pay in wages you will be onto a loser?

ive seen figures from £80 a day around my parts. It depends on what you want and what they are looking to pay.

id tell them a day rate that covers you and the young en and tell them at what point you expect extra to cover travel costs.

maybe look at it this way, do you value your apprentice and will he/she stay with you once qualified? if the answers yes then maybe give a good little rate for them or offer them a meal out and claim back if no and their lazy then as above

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to day rate and charging for apprentices on jobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock