Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss dereve flow govenor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chrissyboy100

Hi

I'm in the middle of refitting my bathroom and have come across a dereve water govenor fitted to the cold water supply to the bath mixer taps when i have taken the old bath out. Im assuming this is a water pressure control device, question is do you think I still need to retain this when refitting the new bath and mixer taps?
The old mixer shower always was scorching hot no matter how much the hot was turned down so could possibly be the cause?
The hot water system is fed by a combi boiler boiler.

Cheers in advance

Chris

what does the cold tap run like ? good pressure etc.
wouldn't of said you need it with a combi. maybe it was there before the combi was fitted and the hot was gravity cold mains.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Cheers for the speedy reply!!

Hard to say what the cold feed ran like really as it was a mixer tap and only ever used by me for showering which as i say nearly stripped your skin off due to only running at one temp-V HOT!
I would agree with you that I don't think it is needed due to running off a combi but it is a bit puzzling as the combi boiler is probably as old as the house (early 80's I think).
I will probably take it out, stick it to one side and see how the new shower runs-could always plumb it back in if all is not well!

Cheers

Chris

you sure its a combi boiler ?

a combi will have mains hot water and cold water so pressures are even so useally no need to for a pressure reducer.

but with the shower situation i would say the valve was either turned down to low or its jammed etc so giving to much hot water.

Yeah agree with you!

deffinately a combi! I can't see any evidence that there was ever a gravity fed system i.e. no old pipe work left over from a cold feed tank/hot water tank and the combi is probably as old as the house so a bit of a puzzler!
I'll take it out and see what happens!

cheers

Chris

you could always buy yourself a pressure gauge and see what your getting at both feeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to dereve flow govenor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock