Discuss Diamond Core Drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Screwfix have some of the Sparkys in stock now, £139 for 1100W or £179 for 1250W. Can't help thinking the 850W Makita is more powerful though as I've used both.

I use a Makita 2450 standard sds hammer drill not on hammer with a core of up to 127mm through brick. The clutch slips sometimes but at least you dont loose your arm. I have had the drill for 3 years and use mexco core. If the core sticks alot use water from a squeezy bottle to lubricate.

I have used the makita extensively for severla years, they are brilliant. Had two fail on me in probably 5 years, possibly usng it 4 or 5 times a week on average. One the clutch went, the other started spraying an oily substance out of the vents all over the place. was not particuarly that day. Other than that, faultless.

I use a Makita 2450 sds hammer drill not on hammer with a 127mm mexco core. Clutch slips sometimes but at least you dont loose your arm. Had the drill 3 years. If it keeps sticking spray with water. It cuts through brick o.k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Diamond Core Drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi all need some advice on drilling a big hole :-) Need to fit a pipe for extractor in kitchen and the OD is 156mm. This is only a one time job...
Replies
Views
Hey all, looking for a bit of advice from people who have these brands or these particular sets. I am torn between either the ; MAKITA DLX2145TJ...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
I'm looking to buy a core drill bit set for professional use. I want it all in the same case as I hate having odd tools rattling around but all...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back