Search the forum,

Discuss Diamond drills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tackleburger

Bought an 8mm wax filled diamond drill for 23 quid a few months ago. I can confirm the claim that they drill 50 holes so if you do a lot of bathromm work with these modern hard tiles/ porceliens theyu are just the job. Local tile supplier sells the but I can't remember the manufacturer.

Sorry forgot to mention you don't need to phaff about with water just follow the instructions. They have been by tile rite.

Last edited by a moderator:
I own a set of drills that look identical to the ones 365 sells. I'm pretty certain they are one and the same. Very good drills I must say.

Wax filled? Is the idea that the wax melts and lubricates the drill?

I do lots of bathrooms, depsite the fact that I want to do just heating systems. I cut my teeth doing bathrooms and get lots of reccomendations. So it could come in handy. I remember burning through 3 drills one after the other when I first started as I just whizzed the drill at full pelt and melted the tips. Expensive mistake.

He is a sponsor of the forum whom we are lucky to have but that does not alter the fact that the drills and kits he sells are top of the range at a affordable price, tested and approved my many tradesmen on the forums

[DLMURL="http://www.*********.com/"]Drilling porcelain tiles with diamond tile drill bit granite holesaws[/DLMURL]

Therer is no need to try this and that ,when you have the best product in its range,right in front of your nose :p

[ame]

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the same. I got hit with a high end fit after someone else bolted on sight of the big marble tiles so I bought the wax one. On that job it did about 18 holes or so by the time I'd got roped into hanging bog roll holders etc. I have since done two more decent jobs one with porcelain and one with stone/travertine. both were about 10 holes each and I used it today to fit a WC on a hard tiled floor. It still has a shower cubilce at least left in it. So well worth the cash. I have a set of expensive ones from Rubi for the bigger holes they last ages but are water cooled.

Yes the wax stops the bit over heating brilliant idea.

I bought a ********* bathroom fitters kit from buybrand tools just under £40. Have been pleased with it. Only nuisance has been clearing the cores from the 6mm and 8mm bits. The larger sizes no problem. If they used a larger arbour size you could easily punch the cores out of these bits in that direction. Time for a modification I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Diamond drills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock