Discuss Diamond drills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tackleburger

Bought an 8mm wax filled diamond drill for 23 quid a few months ago. I can confirm the claim that they drill 50 holes so if you do a lot of bathromm work with these modern hard tiles/ porceliens theyu are just the job. Local tile supplier sells the but I can't remember the manufacturer.

Sorry forgot to mention you don't need to phaff about with water just follow the instructions. They have been by tile rite.

Last edited by a moderator:
I own a set of drills that look identical to the ones 365 sells. I'm pretty certain they are one and the same. Very good drills I must say.

Wax filled? Is the idea that the wax melts and lubricates the drill?

I do lots of bathrooms, depsite the fact that I want to do just heating systems. I cut my teeth doing bathrooms and get lots of reccomendations. So it could come in handy. I remember burning through 3 drills one after the other when I first started as I just whizzed the drill at full pelt and melted the tips. Expensive mistake.

He is a sponsor of the forum whom we are lucky to have but that does not alter the fact that the drills and kits he sells are top of the range at a affordable price, tested and approved my many tradesmen on the forums

[DLMURL="http://www.*********.com/"]Drilling porcelain tiles with diamond tile drill bit granite holesaws[/DLMURL]

Therer is no need to try this and that ,when you have the best product in its range,right in front of your nose :p

[ame]

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the same. I got hit with a high end fit after someone else bolted on sight of the big marble tiles so I bought the wax one. On that job it did about 18 holes or so by the time I'd got roped into hanging bog roll holders etc. I have since done two more decent jobs one with porcelain and one with stone/travertine. both were about 10 holes each and I used it today to fit a WC on a hard tiled floor. It still has a shower cubilce at least left in it. So well worth the cash. I have a set of expensive ones from Rubi for the bigger holes they last ages but are water cooled.

Yes the wax stops the bit over heating brilliant idea.

I bought a ********* bathroom fitters kit from buybrand tools just under £40. Have been pleased with it. Only nuisance has been clearing the cores from the 6mm and 8mm bits. The larger sizes no problem. If they used a larger arbour size you could easily punch the cores out of these bits in that direction. Time for a modification I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Diamond drills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock