Discuss Digital OFTEC? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Tyrrell

Gas Engineer
Anyone know if there's a digital version of the OFTEC books, especially the one on Storage tanks?
I've been trying to explain to a customer that their tank is in contravention of the regulations and as I don't carry my books around it's a bit difficult.
It would be great if I could keep all that stuff on my iPad, which is what I do with boiler manuals.

Anyone know if there's a digital version of the OFTEC books, especially the one on Storage tanks?
I've been trying to explain to a customer that their tank is in contravention of the regulations and as I don't carry my books around it's a bit difficult.
It would be great if I could keep all that stuff on my iPad, which is what I do with boiler manuals.

They do a little pocket book on tanks and oil lines. Very good and plenty of pictures in it to show the custs.

They do a little pocket book on tanks and oil lines. Very good and plenty of pictures in it to show the custs.

Thanks, I already know about the little books but it's just something else that I have to cart around with me. If it's on the iPad then I've got it with me and I can't forget it. Besides, I like saving trees :)

They have just put the little book as an app.

best to have your books in the van, how else do you check on something your not sure of?

best to have your books in the van, how else do you check on something your not sure of?
I've only just started again and can't quite got the hang of getting the books organised along with all the kit (Don't have a van at present but car is adequate, and insured for business) so having it on my iPad helps with that as I use the HOWS app to record all my customer details, and I take photos with the iPad as well. for reference.
I like the books on the shelf in the study as a back up. that way I can always look up something when I've got a quiet moment :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Digital OFTEC? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock