Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Dirgo valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gavla

Hello there,

I have a soil stack boxed in running up in the bathroom. I need to get rid of it to get my new bathroom suite in, can i fit a dirgo valve on the cut stack.
and are there any regulations involved when fitting one. Just a bit concerned if any bad smells would leak from it in time.

regards gavla:yes:

The top of the run must always be left open to atmosphere, otherwise you can fit without a problem (although it must be accessible).

In my house it's all boxed in. Just make sure you ventilate the box. And be prepare to damage the boxing or have a removable piece for Maint or repair

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The valves can be usued to eliminate the stack pipe and the roof penetration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Durgo needs to be above the spillover level of the highest appliance (usually basin). The boxing needs to be ventilated as SimonJohns says and be sure to keep the polystyrene packaging that comes with it. It's meant to be kept on the valve as insulation.

You cant just eliminate the stack to atmosphere. Bear in mind that your property may be the only one in perhaps a row of 4 terminating to atmosphere. The other properties may only have durgos. I think regs say one in four properties should terminate to atmosphere. You could cause alot of problems for you and others.

Durgo needs to be above the spillover level of the highest appliance (usually basin). The boxing needs to be ventilated as SimonJohns says and be sure to keep the polystyrene packaging that comes with it. It's meant to be kept on the valve as insulation.

The ventapipe durgo can be installed below the spill level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dirgo valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I live in a house that is 20yr old. There is a single soil stack running from the top floor (of three) through the first floor bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction...
Replies
Views
I’m about to embark on a new listed building restoration project. There are seven bedrooms and three bathrooms, one of which in downstairs so not...
Replies
Views
Hello. My home's Rheem water heater is dripping from the drain valve. It is strange as it seems to sometimes spit out some water and then stop...
Replies
Views
Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock